Habitat for Humanity Indonesiais a part from the Habitat for Humanity International that upholds the vision to create a world where everyone has a place to live. Habitat for Humanity Indonesia is a Christian non-profit organization with a vision that everyone in Indonesia has a decent place to live. Headquartered in Jakarta, Habitat Indonesia began operating in Indonesia in 1997 and by these achievements, for 25 years Habitat for Humanity Indonesia take part in contributing to community development and construction development in Indonesia by serving more than 180,284 families, 721,136 individuals, 38,016 houses, 24,250 water and sanitation access, 47,719 renovation loan assistance, 50 communities in 17 provinces as of April 2022. Aside from housing, Habitat Indonesia also participates in providing clean water and better sanitation system, as well as renovating and building schools. Families and individuals in need of a hand up partner with Habitat for Humanity to build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. Through financial support, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Through shelter, we empower.
Indonesian government is requiring human resources involved in the construction industry to be certified as mandated in Law No. 18 of 1999 on Construction Services and amended by Law No. 2 of 2017 and Law number 11/2021 on Job Creation. This new regulation triggers the demand and need for SKK (Certificate of Work Competence) certified workers in the midst of increased growth due to increased infrastructure development, with 8.07 million people working in this sector. The positive impact of this new regulation is the creation of standards and quality of construction workers as required in the SKK.
SKK certification is evidence and acknowledgment of one’s mastery of a field of work. Apart from ensuring the quality of construction skills, certification also allows construction workers to better negotiate salaries and gain access to larger construction projects managed by state-owned and multinational construction companies. This will make a significant contribution to reducing of poverty and unemployment.
Unfortunately, this demand for SKK certified construction workers is not accompanied by massive stakeholder collaboration in providing certified SKK training. Construction workers who are economically and socially included in the category of low income society and low education group do not get proper access to SKK training. This project aims to answer the problem of the low income of construction workers by providing access to SKK training. The project will target 600 construction workers tailored with internship program and job-matching in construction company. With advocacy interventions that lead to strengthening coordination and cooperation between stakeholders and the formation of SKK Working Group at provincial level, it is hoped that it will contribute to the growth of the SKK certified workforce and increase their income directly, and indirectly improve their quality of life. This project is supported by BMZ and will be carried out for three years and targets beneficiaries (construction workers) in the Banten Province area, especially in Tangerang City, Tangerang District and South Tangerang District
Habitat Indonesia is seeking expertise from a Project Administration (PA)tto provide project support related to Project and Office Administrator, Human Resources & GA, and project office household daily finances. This position is project based for a duration of 3 years. The PA will be based in Jakarta with intensive working field and operation at Tangerang City, Tangerang District and South Tangerang District.
PROJECT ADMINISTRATION (PA)
- Assist the Project Coordinator/Project Manager in project management and office administration.
- Filling; renew; and distribute project documents.
- Provide support for other department related project activities when needed.
- Fill in and update Logistics and Human Resources files.
- Develop, organize, and document office secretarial systems related to document filling, records management, communication (phone, fax, correspondence), inventory management, and basic office services.
- Receive and process letters, faxes, telexes, and other incoming and outgoing communications; ensure that office confidential matters are properly handled.
- Maintenance of office buildings and contacting vendors/suppliers for necessary repairs and maintenance work in the office.
- Carry out and maintain a regular inventory of office supplies and supervise proper borrowing and accountability.
- Compilation and consolidation of project progress reports.
- Compile all staff attendance lists and report to HRD.
- Maintain detailed project records, including updating database with all current projects, Monitoring & Evaluation and other reporting requirements.
- Compile, distribute and archive meeting minutes.
- Handle all expenditure claims before being processed by the finance department.
- Records maintenance of staff insurance and assist staff for insurance claims.
- Coordinate office boy/girl activities and make the necessary assignments for them.
- Receive requests for the use of company vehicles.
- Make maintenance records – vehicle repair and maintenance reports.
- Prepare staff orientation documents in collaboration with the HR Officer.
- Ensure that all employees have personnel files in accordance with HFH Indonesia standards.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
- Minimum High School Diploma in all majors.
- Minimum 3 years’ office administration experience
- Have a basic understanding of administrative work.
- Basic understanding of operations management and report writing.
- Good written and spoken English communication skills.
- Demonstrate adequate understanding of the given Standard Operating Procedures Ability to operate computer spreadsheets (windows, excel, power point etc.).
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Be honest and have integrity
- Ability to work independently or in a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and in multicultural atsmosphere.
- Maintain an attitude (attitude).
- Have good communication skills, dynamic, adaptive to change.
- Problem solver and result oriented.
Habitat for Humanity value
We expect that all employees will embrace the value of our organization.
- Humility: We are part of something bigger than ourselves. We recognize that we always have more to learn and that success depends on others.
- Courage: We do what is right, even if it is difficult or unpopular, by having honest conversations, valuing diverse perspectives, and boldly acting to further Habitat’s mission.
- Accountability: We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission by acting with integrity, putting forth our best work, and learning from success and failure.