Habitat for Humanity Indonesia is a part from the Habitat for Humanity International that upholds the vision to create a world where everyone has a place to live. Habitat for Humanity Indonesia is a Christian non-profit organization with a vision that everyone in Indonesia has a decent place to live. Headquartered in Jakarta, Habitat Indonesia began operating in Indonesia in 1997 and by these achievements, for 24 years Habitat for Humanity Indonesia take part in contributing to community development and construction development in Indonesia by serving more than 160,000 families in 17 provinces.
Aside from housing, Habitat Indonesia also participates in providing clean water and better sanitation system, as well as renovating and building schools. Families and individuals in need of a hand up partner with Habitat for Humanity to build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. Through financial support, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Through shelter, we empower.
Habitat Indonesia is seeking the expertise of a Finance Officer – Batam to secure fundings that will support the sustainability of Habitat for Humanity Indonesia’s projects.
- Receiving transactions from both purchasing staff and staff programs, both submitting advance payments, payments to vendors, reimbursement of costs and making RFPs and payment vouchers
- Make monthly reports (Project Area accounts, such as Advance, Prepaid, Merchandise and Construction Inventory (GIK), Taxes) to be sent to NO (BS account specifically for project areas)
- Make updates and reports on donors to the PC related to the absorption of funds and provide input, and coordinate with Finance NO for the application of funds (monitoring the project budget)
- Update receipts and expenditure of merchandise, assets, and asset maintenance
- Coordination with Finance NO related to auditor findings
- Update statistics
- Monitoring petty cash
- Create acceptance vouchers (RV) and necessary correction journals
- Monitoring to the site if needed
- Making cash flow or detailed budget per activity from project funds that have been received and will be implemented
- Update contracts for part timer staff in Yogyakarta
- Make monthly NO bank accounts and update to finance for transactions that have not been recorded
- Make donor reports according to the division of each finance and send them to the donor or PIC of the project and finance as well as coordination regarding transaction recording (if needed).
- 1>Review partnership transactions and communicate if there are complete documents and update financial reports
- Accounting Degree
- Excel skills
- SUN system
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively, and to listen, and an unusual capacity to engage, inspire and persuade.
Habitat for Humanity Value, we expect that all employees will embrace the value of our organization.
- Humility: We are part of something bigger than ourselves. We recognize that we always have more to learn, and that success depends on others.
- Courage: We do what is right, even if it is difficult or unpopular, by having honest conversations, valuing diverse perspectives, and boldly acting to further Habitat’s mission.
- Accountability: We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission by acting with integrity, putting forth our best work, and learning from success and failure.