The Evaluation Specialist reports to the MEAL Sr. Specialist or Strategic Alliance Director and will play a key role in the management of MEAL initiatives within the project in alignment with HFHI’s vision, mission, goals, objectives, and according to the project’s expectations and operational context
The Evaluation Specialist will ensure that a MEAL Plan, Evaluation Work plan, and Learning Agenda are developed and implemented well, and products are disseminated in an appropriate, adequate, and consistent manner to the concerned audience. To do this, she/he will work closely with the Project team and/or partner organizations and build their capacity to ensure that project’s evaluation and learning agenda and procedures are adequate and relevant, tools are practical and useful in making proper decisions and ensuring accountability within the project.
- Support in developing the evaluation work plan, including methodology, proposed schedule, logistical arrangements, and evaluation milestones. The methodology will include a list of tools, site visit schedule, interview list, additional data requests, evaluation design matrix linking evaluation questions to data sources, and analysis.
- Lead the development of the review plan and ensure that all proposed questions and methods are appropriate to meet the aims of the review and are methodologically sound.
- Develop or modify data collection and analysis tools and support other team members to ensure that these are applied appropriately.
- Lead the analysis and synthesis of data about the key questions, including gender disaggregation, and development of initial findings and report.
- Lead the evaluation team in conducting primary as well as secondary data collection, including collecting and collating documents for desk reviews, setting up key informant interviews, scheduling focus group discussions, and associated logistics.
- Lead the evaluation team in data processing and analysis and maintaining records of data collection activities.
- Taking notes and recording every meeting and data gathering session, including interviews and group discussions.
- Support high-quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
- Work with the Communications team to develop communication materials to document and share project results and lessons learned.
- Support development and implementation of a MEAL system to collect, interpret and aggregate data that demonstrate impact and program accountability and progress.
- Design and facilitate effective conversations, retreats, and learning events.
- Providing administrative and logistics arrangements for potential fieldwork of the evaluation team, if any.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline of research and evaluation, public policy, public health, economic analysis, and community development is required.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience supporting evaluation or research activities.
- Minimum 3 years of performance evaluation experience, and/or experience designing data collection instruments, conducting structured interviews, and managing qualitative data.
- Familiar in Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, quantitative (STATA, SPSS), and/or qualitative analytical (Excel) software and other technology required for digital or remote data collection.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow the organization’s regulations and supervisor’s instructions.
- Ability to take initiative and complete work within tight deadlines.
- Proficient in English speaking and writing.
- Familiar with NGO/INGO is an advantage.
- Open only to Indonesian citizens.
- Willingness to travel (25%) to Habitat Indonesia’s sites.
- Placement in National Office Jakarta.