Volunteer Type :
1. Non-Development Volunteers
Volunteer support is manifested not in the form of housing construction but more activities related to training or supporting their expertise such as in the fields of Architecture, Information Technology, Design, and so on. These interactive and educational activities are both for the community and for volunteers through activities such as: Live in, Disaster mitigation training, Fun activity with local children (story telling), and Clean and Healthy Behavior Training in Schools.
2. The Company
This program involves companies in conducting programs that are sustainable for a community. Employee involvement as volunteers provides new experiences that can provide inspiration and motivation in a process of building houses in the midst of the community. Forms of program that can be carried out by corporate volunteers such as VIP builds, Leadership builds for executives or cross departmental managers, Team building trips, Builds with corporate clients and trade partners, Single-day builds, Women builds, Major company build events, First Builder Initiatives.
3. An opportunity to gather young people (start
from the age of 15) who have a concern for the importance of the home for everyone by attending annual activities, such as:
- Habitat Young Leaders Build (HYLB) activities are pioneered by Habitat for Humanity Asia Pacific and carried out simultaneously in several countries as an advocacy movement on the issue of unfit homes in Asia and the Pacific.
- 28UILD (read: “to build”) is held every October in commemoration of Youth Oath Day by volunteering to build houses in the Habitat service area of Indonesia.
4. Habitat Indonesia Youth Movement (HIYM Jakarta Council)
is a community formed as a forum to accommodate the fresh inspiration of young people as a form of participation in caring for the issue of decent housing in Indonesia.