Encouraged by the vision that everyone needs a decent place to live, Habitat for Humanity began in 1976 as a grassroots effort in the United States. Habitat had developed into a leading global non-profit organization that works in more than 70 countries. Since 1997 in Indonesia Habitat has supported more than 180,000 families to build or improve the place, they call home. Through financial support, voluntary action or by raising voices to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability, and independence they need to build a better life for themselves.
Aside from housing, Habitat Indonesia also working in providing clean water and better sanitation system, as well as renovating and building schools. Through shelter, we empower.
Habitat Indonesia is currently looking for Community Organizer position, who conduct socialization of HFHI programs to target groups by building and maintaining good relations with partner families, community leaders and local governments and providing good services to achieve HFH’s vision and mission.
Main Duties and Responsible:
1. Provide support related to community and local government.
2. Interlace communication with local government and the community and build capacity in the community to support the program implementation process, starting from planning, preparation, implementation, monitoring-evaluation, and sustainability of programs/projects in the community.
3. Collecting and reporting data on the potential and root causes of poverty in the regions that are their target area; make data entry/survey at a set location.
4. Establish relationships with local governments and other organizations to develop their target areas.
5. Advocacy to relevant stakeholders related to Habitat programs, especially in implementation in assisted communities.
6. Cooperate with the Construction Supervisor to be able to implement the program in accordance with the targets and needs of the community.
7. Reporting to the Project Coordinator on developments and related issues from the community.
8. Assist in designing program concepts that allow Habitat to implement in the target area.
9. Provide training to the community related to the environment, health and several matters related to the Habitat program.
10. Liaison with the Communication Team for documenting project learning materials such as stories of change and others documentation of beneficiaries.
1. University degree of social development, or other related fields.
2. Preferable have 2 years of development exposure; field program experience will be an added value
3. Minimum one year exposure towards low-income group community works
4. Should have understood community development
5. Basic understanding of operation management and report writing
6. Good written and oral English communication skills
7. Good verbal, written and internet communication
8. Demonstrate sufficient comprehension of given Standard Operating Procedures
9. Ability to operate computer spreadsheet (windows, excel, power point, etc.)
10. Preferably domicile in Karawang or Cikarang.
Habitat for Humanity Indonesia encourage qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability, all recruitment practices and procedures reflect Habitat for Humanity commitment to protection of children and vulnerable adult from abuse.