Encouraged by the vision that everyone needs a decent place to live, Habitat for Humanity began in 1976 as a grassroots effort in the United States. Habitat had developed into a leading global non-profit organization that works in more than 70 countries. Since 1997 in Indonesia Habitat has supported more than 180,000 families to build or improve the place, they call home. Through financial support, voluntary action or by raising voices to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability, and independence they need to build a better life for themselves. Aside from housing, Habitat Indonesia also working in providing clean water and better sanitation system, as well as renovating and building schools. Through shelter, we empower. Habitat Indonesia is currently looking for Construction Supervisor position, who lead the core activity of the Habitat mission by ensuring that all on-site construction occurs safely, on time, within budget and at the highest standard of excellence. Ensure that construction teams have the required materials, supplies, training, and direction to complete projects within all building and environmental standards. Communicate with the Construction Manager, on-site leaders and teams, and other support groups to convey progress and needs and to coordinate all construction activity.
Main Duty and Responsibilities:
- Work with Project Coordinator to develop build plans that meets the needs of the homeowner, fit within budgeted resources, and meet environmental standards.
- Collaborate with the Community Organizer to evaluate condition of beneficiaries’ houses.
- Ensure and monitoring building materials to the required standards
- Supervise construction workers and monitoring activities to ensure timely and accurate project completion
- Provide basic construction training for community and construction workers
- Socialization to community according the decent and safe house
- Supervise all on-site construction volunteers and other workers with strong emphasis on safety and respect
- Provide hands-on building support and expertise
- Make project report progress
- Design and calculating Budget plan for construction houses
- Provide construction design (technical drawing, construction specification, bill of quantity, time schedule)
- Bachelor’s degree from Civil Engineering or Architecture
- At least 1-year related experience or fresh graduated are welcome
- Team player
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Having knowledge in AutoCAD, Sketchup program at intermediate level
- Basic oral and written in English
- Strong servanthood and good human relations at all levels
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Experience in NGO is an asset
- Preferably domicile in Cikarang around